Thursday 13 February 2014

SPIRITUAL WATCHMAN

Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me. Ezekiel 3:17 (NIV)

COMMENT: The main job of a watchman is to give warning from God. God speaks in several ways and the job of the watchman is to keep his ears open and accurately hear the word of God and then deliver it without editing. Any christian can hear God just as Adam and Eve heard God in the Garden of Eden when they were hiding after disobeying God. NB.They had sinned and yet they heard what God said.

The watchman's job is difficult and dangerous. He must hear hear and must deliver whether positive or negative. Failure to hear will lead to "no message delivered," and if that is the case the fate of  the watchman is already spelled out. He will be held responsible. The messenger will be held accountable and I think this is the reason that the jobs of God's watchmen are not in demand in many churches today. It is the same as that of a prophet.

I have decided to take up the job and with the internet sound the trumpet. I thank God for making me a watchman for his wonderful service.

PRAYER: Holy Spirit! Continue teaching me how to clearly hear your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment