Sunday 20 April 2014

Word for Easter



The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”
John 10:17-18

A time to thank GOD

‘I may not be where I want to be, but thank God I am not where I used to be. All of us like receiving free things; this is why people rush to make all sorts of unnecessary purchases just because they are on sale. It is therefore quite puzzling that humans, who by nature don’t want to die and like free things, willingly reject the free gift of eternal life offered by God. The truth of this perhaps is that people don’t really realize that eternal life is a free gift from God; a gift that is neither earned nor deserved. They think, “Free gift”? That is too good to be true but it is. They think they have to earn their way to heaven and therefore spend their life in the bondage of trying to please God and end up feeling insignificant because they can never be good enough; this is why the young ruler asked Jesus, ‘What must I do to enter the kingdom.’

Jesus Christ was not killed on Easter Friday as most people put it but rather, that was when he laid his life down. They had tried to get him before but failed because it was not yet his time but when his time came, he surrendered in obedience to the father.

This Easter, let us take time to thank God for the gift of his son who though he did not sin, was accorded the punishment of the worst sins any of us can think about. This season should turn us back to God and our Lord Jesus Christ in praise and awe for what he did for us at the cross.


No comments:

Post a Comment